Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 36 -- Marshalltown, IA

Great day off the bike! I crewed with Ryan Grumble and encouraged the cyclists all day, especially Bryan who is doing a ride-along on my bike. I marked a few turns and had fun shooting some artsy pictures. I was really impressed to see Bryan finish the 65-mile day without any incident, although he too, like Ross, was extremely fatigued on arrival. I was also glad to see my bike arrive without any scratches!

We had a friendship visit at a Bowling Alley in Marshalltown. I scored a 125 (if you know anything about my bowling skill, that’s a good score). We’re staying in the gym of the local community college. That night, we went out to Sonic (Slushees, of course) and then saw the new Harry Potter movie. We barely it back on time for curfew. The movie let out later than we expected so we had to run back! Good day.







No comments:

Post a Comment