Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 45 -- Glenview, IL

I got racked for the first time this summer. I guess it was bound to happen. Almost everyone on the team has gotten pulled off the bike for a day for one reason or another (this is for reasons other than injury, mechanical problems, or ride-along). Mine? I rode someone else’s bike without a helmet in a parking lot as I was trying to mount bikes onto the vans because we were pressed for time (two days ago). It was really frustrating, but well deserved. Better be safe than sorry.

I don’t have too much else to say about today. It was an easy ride according to my friends. We had a crew stop by a federal prison. I had a great time talking to Bryan Janzing, with whom I rode. The cyclists ended up racking for 10 miles because of construction. Finally, we had a motivational speech at night. A Pi Alpha from 1993 is now a motivational speaker on top of his consulting job. He offered us dinner at the YMCA we are staying at and made a presentation on how to market ourselves as alumni of the Journey of Hope (Pi Alphas). It’s weird to start thinking about this Journey in the past tense. Many of us were taken aback by the blatant use of the trip as a means of getting jobs, etc. but he did make a lot of good points.

Tomorrow we head off to Shy-town!






No comments:

Post a Comment