Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 52 -- Toledo, OH

I am so relaxed right now.

We just got back from a full hour body massage at a school for massage therapists (they need people to practice on). We had dinner at Outback steakhouse, Chipotle for lunch. We’re staying at the University of Toledo in dorm rooms with individual showers and beds. Our ride today was a short 57 miles with a grand arrival where the mayor of Toledo made an appearance. I rode with some of my favorite people on the team, the guys from Van 5 (I love my van). Evan, the driver and crewmember in our van did a ride along and made us all proud by finishing the day strongly. We’re all in a great mood and in the full swing of things. We joke around like we’ve known each other for decades. We're ready to make the best of these last two weeks. I am up to date on my blog. My bike is clean. I'm going to sleep very early. And, to top it all off, I am listening right now to the newest song by my favorite band Muse, United States of Eurasia.

I don’t think we’ve ever had it this good on the trip.








No comments:

Post a Comment